06 July 2013

Salsa

My husband is complaining about the lack of  good  Mexican food over here in Germany. So he keeps asking me to fix Mexican dishes at home.
Well, there was a lot to learn :-) So whenever we are in the US we go to Mexican restaurants, so I can experience good, authentic dishes and reproduce them at home.


Here I´m sharing a super easy, hubby approved salsa.

 
You need:
1 can tomatoes
1/2 cup fresh tomatoes
1 onion
2 garlic gloves
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp sugar
salt, pepper, red pepper
1 jar

Dice the onion and the garlic very fine. Chop the cilantro and the fresh tomatoes. Mix it with the canned tomatoes and the sugar; add spices as desired. Fill it in a jar and enjoy!




PS: I´m not quite sure how long you can store it in the fridge, since it is always gone pretty quick :-)

What´s your favourite Mexican dish?




No comments :

Post a Comment